I have been working with clients since 2017 and have worked with a wide range of people experiencing a variety of challenges. As well as working in private practice, this includes a 2-year period where I held a placement in a family centre, where the majority of my clients were experiencing family and relationship challenges.
I am also experienced in supporting teenagers in my counselling practice and previously worked with 15-18 year olds as a lecturer in further education, this included running a variety of programmes aimed at engaging this age group in education and providing pastoral support.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 4
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Member of the BACP, Membership Number 00847400
- Member of CAPPP – Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice
Recent Training / Learning
- Introduction to Outdoor Therapy
- Mind Body Connection to Chronic Illness
- Working with Shame
- Working with Addiction
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Disorganised Attachment
My career prior to counselling included working for a local charity that supported women who had experienced trauma. A lecturer and programme coordinator in further education working with 15-18 year olds. Management and tutor positions within private training organisations where the work was focused on supporting people who were experiencing barriers to education and employment. I have always been drawn to roles that are centred around supporting others.